THE NEXT TOP FIRM
LESSON 8: APPLYING A SLOGAN TO A CAMPAIGN
ACTIVITY 1: LEARN IT
ACTIVITY 2: APPLY IT
Understanding Billboard Advertising
Now, take a moment to go over the following slideshow with your partner to learn about what billboard advertising is, the purpose of it, and billboard types.
ACTIVITY 3: ANALYZE
Designing a Billboard with Your Client's Slogan
Now, you need to think about designing your billboard. There are a few billboard design tips that you need to consider when designing your client's billboard. With, your partner, look over the tips in the slideshow below.
ACTIVITY 4: CREATE
Planning a Billboard with Your Client's Slogan
You now know what a billboard is, what it is for, and the types of billboards used in advertising. You learned tips about designing a billboard that is best for your client's advertising needs. Now, it is time to plan it out and design it. Use the billboard design check list below to help you design your client's billboard. Then read the directions below the check list.
Creating a Billboard with Your Client's Slogan
To create your client's billboard follow the instructions below.
- Go to Google Drive.
- Create a new Google Slideshow.
- Click on File.
- From the pulldown menu, click on page setup.
- Make sure it is set on Widescreen 16:9.
- Create your client's billboard by meeting the criteria in the checklist above.
- Save your billboard as your advertising agency name and billboard. Example if my advertising firm is called Coda Advertising, I would save it as Codabillboard.
- Share your billboard design with me so I can print it out.
ACTIVITY 5: EVALUATE
When you have completed your client's billboard, it is time to - you guessed it - write your billboard synopsis. I have embedded an example of a good synopsis below along with an example billboard design.
Your synopsis must include the following things.
- State the Billboard type: Static, 3D (Textured or Extensions), or Digital
- Explain how you applied the advertising tactic you for your client's ad campaign to the billboard design.
- Explain how you used the slogan.
- Describe the image you are trying to create for your client's customers on this billboard design.
- Describe how and why you used the colors you chose.
- Describe how the billboard design is loud, unique, or eye catching.
- Explain how all of these things make this billboard the perfect billboard for your client's advertising campaign.
Congratulations! You accomplished your mission!