1st GRADE LESSON 2
PERSISTENCE - STEVIE'S BIG PROJECT
F.A.I.L: First Attempt In Learning
frustrated: feeling annoyed or angry because something is not the way you want it
persistence: trying again and again, even when something is very hard
We will begin our lesson with a story. Follow along as I read aloud.
Now, you will read the story again listening to the online version of the story. Follow my instructions to go to by Code.org and watch the online story.
Follow the instructions below:
- Click on your class icon below to go to your Code.org Classroom.
- Put in your password.
- Click on the Unplugged button next to Lesson 2: Stevie and the Big Project.
- Put on your headphones and watch the video.
- When you have finished, put your headphones back on the hook and wait quietly until your classmates have finished.
You learned some very valuable lessons from Stevie and the Big Project.
- You learned how to tell when you are frustrated.
- You learned that feeling frustrated is a part of learning.
- You learned how to deal with frustration so that you can be persistent.
- You learned how to be persistent.
- You learned why it is important to be persistent even when you are frustrated.
Now you are going to get the chance to practice what you learned. We are about to do an activity. This activity might be difficult for you and make you frustrated. I want you to practice what you learned from Stevie by recognizing that you are frustrated, dealing with your frustration, and being persistent to accomplish your goal.
In the last activity, you had to figure out what pieces of the Marble Run were put together incorrectly keeping the marble from rolling from the top and out the bottom.
In this activity, you will work with your group to figure out how to build the whole Marble Run.
So, did you accomplish the Lesson Mission Today? Let's find out. Let's take the Persistence Challenge Together. I will read the questions. Then I will read the answer choices. You will click on the answer you think is correct. Let's begin by clicking on the icon below.
AL STATE TECHNOLOGY STANDARDS
The following Alabama State Technology Standards were addressed in this lesson:
1st Grade Computational Thinker: