WHAT IS DREAMBOX MATH?
Click on an icon below.
Click on the button to the left to go to the Dreambox Login Page. For Basic Information or how to login, scroll down.
To see how to access Dreambox at home and Troubleshoot problems logging on, scroll down to the next section.
What Is Dreambox Math?
Dreambox is an online math program for grades K - 8 that provides students instruction in and practice with important mathematical concepts.
How Does Dreambox Work?
Dreambox adapts the curriculum to the learner, by analyzing a student's input on a click-by-click basis. Then it uses this input to assign the most appropriate follow-up lessons. As a result, there are millions of different "paths" students can take through Dreambox's learning units.
How Does Dreambox Decide What Lessons My Student Will Do?
DreamBox continuously assesses students to present them with targeted lessons. The program collects 48,000 data points every hour a student uses DreamBox. It tracks each student interaction and evaluates the strategies used to solve problems. It then immediately adjusts the lesson and the level of difficulty, scaffolding, sequencing, number of hints, and pacing as appropriate. This allows students, whether struggling, at grade level, or advanced, to progress at a pace that best benefits them and deepen conceptual understanding.
What Are the Benefits?
Dreambox helps students learn more effectively and efficiently. It tailors instructional experiences for each individual learner’s needs. The program encourages higher student engagement because it will offers many different instructional strategies and practice methods to accommodate individual student learning styles. Utilizing this technology also provides the students with resources outside of school.
Is Dreambox Accessible With Mobile Devices?
Students can play DreamBox on all computers, laptops, and Chromebooks through a Flash-enabled internet browser and on all iPad tablets since iPad 2 (2011) with DreamBox Math apps. At this time, DreamBox is not available on Android tablets and smartphones.
- If you have any difficulty using DreamBox on a computer, go to https://support.dreambox.com/s/article/Troubleshooting-Tips-Computer for help.
- If you have any difficulty using DreamBox on an iPad, go to https://support.dreambox.com/s/article/Troubleshooting-Tips-iPad
What Will I See On Dreambox?
On your student’s Dreambox dashboard, you will see a several different lessons. The students click on these to access their lessons. It is very important that you DO NOT help your student with these problems. Remember, the program adjusts learning experiences based on how they answer questions. If you help your child, it will begin to generate instruction and practice that is too hard for your child.
Your child will be using Dreambox this school year. Dreambox is a rigorous and highly adaptive math curriculum that students access online. It meets the needs of each individual learner, adjusting and re-adjusting in the moment as they engage in a fun learning environment. Students are assessed by using the data from their completed lessons.
Tips for Home Use
- Allow for 15 to 20 minute sessions throughout the week. Finish the current lesson before exiting.
- Encourage completion of every lesson. Mistakes are OK. Your child should not shy away from incorrect answers, as they help find the right lesson to build learning progress.
- We know it is difficult, but please resist the urge to help with answers so that your child doesn’t move ahead before he or she is truly ready.
- Dreambox is not supplemental to your child’s classroom lessons, but prescriptive to the individual needs of your child. Often times, your child will be working on things in Dreambox that do not coincide with what is going on in class.
- Dreambox lessons are not linear within a grade level. (Example: You may notice that your 1st grade child is receiving lessons that involve 2nd grade concepts before they have completely finished all of the standards within first grade. Dreambox lessons progress through related concepts rather than one grade level.)
- Your child grows the most through Dreambox when they are experiencing productive struggle. Dreambox is adaptive in nature and will adapt to your child’s needs based on their responses and interactions within the game. Lessons that are too easy or too hard do not promote growth. If your child receives a lesson that is too difficult, it is important that they independently process and complete the lesson without help from an adult – there is no penalty for incorrect answers. Dreambox uses this data to adjust the next lessons to better fit the needs of your child.
How Can You Stay Informed About Your Child's Progress
The Family Insights Dashboard enables meaningful school and home connections that raise awareness of the curriculum, strategies, and progress of your child in real-time, so teachers and family learning guardians can work together for your child’s success. Dashboard alerts surface where attention is needed and when to congratulate success. Learn more about the reports available in your dashboard at: www.dreambox.com/reporting/family-reports .
To set up your free Family Insights Dashboard, follow these steps:
1. Have your child log-in to Dreambox.
2. Click Setup Parent Access at the bottom of the page.
3. Follow the instructions to create a login and password.
4. Click Submit.
To log into your Family Insights Dashboard (after it is set up):
1. Go to http://play.dreambox.com
2. Enter your e-mail and password.
3. To see student progress, click the Family Dashboard button.